From 01st January 2022, anyone moving goods between Great Britain (GB) and the European Union (EU) through a Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS) border location must be registered to use this service. Current arrangements will continue to apply to goods moving from the island of Ireland to GB while discussions on the Northern Ireland Protocol are continuing.
If you’re moving goods through border locations that use GVMS, make sure that you: –
- Pre-Lodge your entry and ensure you advise EFS Global that you are traveling through a GVMS port.
- Get a GMR for all movements, including empties.
- Do not use the trailer references when entering your Vehicle Registration Number (VRN) into the GMR for an accompanied movement, as this means the carrier will be unable to validate your GMR. The VRN must match the vehicle presenting the GMR.
- Do not add EU export Movement Reference Numbers (MRN) numbers into the GMR.
- Ensure that you are entering the correct type of declaration reference which is relevant for your movement. For exports via CHIEF this is the DUCR, for imports via CHIEF this is the EPU, ENO and Date of Entry Combined.
Contact our customs team today email@example.com or call 01282 415454